The following are simple steps when trying to declutter your home.
- Start by removing trash.
- Start organizing drawers and closets, one at time.
- Sort items and decide what to keep, donate or toss.
- Find a home for all items that you want to keep, such as bowl or hook for your keys and/or wallet.
- Keep similar items together so you know where they are and can find them easily.
- When you purchase something new you should try to toss something out to make room for the new item.
- Ask your family which items they would like to inherit instead of keeping heirlooms that they may not want.
- Don’t get overwhelmed with organizing. Take your time and don’t try to do it all at once.